Minoxidil was first approved by the USA’s Food and Drug Administration in 1988. Since then it has spread like wildfire. Doctors recommend it for any and every hair loss and it has shown significant changes in the lives of people it has touched. It is by far one of the cheapest and most effective solutions for hair regrowth! There have been numerous studies before and since 1988 that have shown that Minoxidil if used over long courses of time and in the right quantities, can grow hair which is cosmetically acceptable.
Let’s know about Minoxidil’s effectiveness in various Hair Loss Causes:
1. Telogen Effluvium is a nonscarring hair loss where a lot of hair goes into the resting phase and starts to fall after 3 or 4 months. Normally it resolves on its own, but if Chronic TE sets in then it is a major issue. Minoxidil in the oral form of tablets ranging from 0.25 mg to 1 mg over a course of the year has shown TE hair loss to decrease by nearly 50%, which shows a high level of effectiveness.
2. Alopecia Areata (AA) is the hair loss that happens due to the immune system attacking hair follicles, and it can proceed to complete hair loss in an area called Alopecia Totalis (AT) or it can lead to complete hair loss all over the body Alopecia Universalis (AU). Minoxidil has shown to be effective in 1% or 2% solution form applied once or twice a day, for the course of 6 months. Normal AA can be reduced significantly by nearly 46% when applied correctly. But in advanced cases, it hasn’t shown to be highly effective.
3. Traction Alopecia or the hair loss by Hair pulling or tying it in a tight knot causes nonscarring reversible hair loss in its early stages. A study conducted on 2 people with Traction Alopecia at a later more serious stage, with their stopping to bind their hair and using 2% Minoxidil solution showed good improvement after 1 year.
Minoxidil has been effective in many more cases like Chemotherapy-induced Alopecia (CIA) for stopping hair loss. Minoxidil is highly effective and it continues to impress researchers, doctors, and patients alike.
But there are times it can lead to side effects and even a severe one. When used on kids with Alopecia Areata, it has shown adverse side effects and had increased heart palpitations and dizziness, over the course of the use of 1 month. In certain cases, it has shown to be not as highly effective and the effects also depend upon how and if your body also accepts it. There are many questions with Minoxidil and let us answer a few for you.
Some tips for better usage of Minoxidil:
1. Always consult a Trichologist or a Dermatologist first before starting Minoxidil treatment for hair loss. If Hair Free and Hair Grow is in your city, come and meet us. We will explain to you everything.
2. Always wipe your hands after you have applied Minoxidil and never let it drip anywhere else then it was intended for. It can cause hair growth in unwanted places.
3. Choose the foam solution over liquid ones, but always consult the doctor first. Foam is easier to apply with less spillage.
4. The doctor will guide you with the dosage. You might not see minute results but your doctor does. Let her/him be the judge when your dosage should increase!
And lastly, always choose HairFree and HairGrow to get the best Hair Fall treatment by any method with Affordable Cost. Our Hair Transplantation doctors are the best in our country today and we are always near you. Contact us and be Care Free when you come to HairFree and HairGrow!
-Dr. Kiran Chotaliya is the Best Hair Transplant Surgeon in Pune. He is in HairFree HairGrow Pune Clinic.
-Visit Now and Consult for any type of hair problem. For Consultation, Call/WhatsApp on: 7272832222